New BB Rules

Plaats reactie
mepmuff

New BB Rules

Bericht door mepmuff » 25-11-2016 09:45

So, last night I picked my copy of the new game at Games Workshop, played a drive and had a quick browse through of the rules.

In this post, I hope to list the things that are changed / added, whether the rules list it as mandatory or optional and whether I think we should use those rules next season. Your input on these atters will be appreciated, but be prepared that I might take a dictator-style approach when making final decisions. I expect everyone to be willing to at least give it a try.

For now I'll keep it to first impressions:
- new card system adds more random and requires some different approaches to positioning to be prepared for the effects.
- Redrafting looks elegant ruleswise. I think I'll ask the coaches of this years leagues to redraft their teams to get an idea how it will actually work out.

More to follow when I've actually read the new rules (and errata)

SirSebstar

Bericht door SirSebstar » 25-11-2016 15:45

http://19070-presscdn-0-68.pagely.netdn ... ised-1.pdf
regelset voor de oude, niet nieuw uitgebrachte, teams

http://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/new-box-news/
The main changes to the rules are as follows (there are lots of league rule options for commissioners to use):

Piling On is an optional league rule and needs a Team Reroll to use.
New Nurgle Star Player, 5348, 210k, Gaping Maw (a combo of catch/sure hands, except without a reroll on pickup).
Timberrrr, which modifies the standing up roll by 1 for every friendly player adjacent and not in a tackle zone – does not apply to Wood Elf Treemen.
Head Coach – sendings off can be argued on a roll of a 6.
Some of these are written differently in Death Zone, and have been modified by an Errata. For details of this and how the rules apply to NAF tournaments, see the NAF response.

mepmuff

Bericht door mepmuff » 29-11-2016 22:20

Having mulled this over a bit I suggest the following approach:

New season will use BB2016 rules with DZ Season 1, ammended by the errata and all the teams in the Teams of Legends plus the Slann as they were.

Any new errata brought out will be effective immediately. Death Zone season 2 is expected in spring and I'll decide than what to do with changes that brings.

Proposed house rules:
- Wizard inducement at 150k
- Wrestle only turns you over if you have the ball (expected errata item)
- Range ruler measures receier square instead of base (expected errata item)
- 70k wood elf lineman (expected errata item)

Discussion points:
- Piling on: I don't like the optional version in the rules and feel completely scrapping it is overboard.
- Cards: I like the randomness they bring, but can understand people feeling differently.
- Re-drafting: I'm going to invite everyone to redraft their rookie league team using the death zone rules and see what we end up with.

Dave

Bericht door Dave » 30-11-2016 22:59

haven't read the drafting rules yet but I understand it goes together with the money is also TV rule. That could mean our test is a little skewed.

For the rest I support all the (proposed) changes (and errata) and think PO needn't be optional but needing a RR is a good way to nerf it enough to suit my taste.

SirSebstar

Bericht door SirSebstar » 30-11-2016 23:26

well there goes a norse team...
i am not entirly confinced this is the way to go with the new rules.
esp cash for inducements dont equalize...
but i am willing to give it a spin.

no pilling on will mean fend can be dropped as a defense skill.
we will see more guard on elfs instead of MB (as i have seen online)
the errate keep flowing in. i like the turnover when dropping the ballcarrier with wrestle. cant be the intention, but i think i will use it for an thrower..lol

cards seem unbalanced. no wizard actually makes sense

Bjorgrim
Offline Dutch Champion

Bericht door Bjorgrim » 19-12-2016 14:01

Well I have stayed quite away from this version. Can you summarize the re-drafting rule ?

For the cards I am not so much in favor of adding more random in a dice game. Anybody having DZ1 in PDF ?

SirSebstar

Bericht door SirSebstar » 19-12-2016 23:14

the drafting rules basicly give you cash, 1 mill plus cash for td,interception and cas. plus your bank and a bonus and then you have to rebuy the players you want for the tv value they represent. basicly you can keep 4-5 players and ditch most of the rest for noob lino's

i am not a fan if cash money is added to tv since that means there is no way to safe up but otherwise whatever floats your boat.

my main gripe is, it wont kill off the players everybody hates, but will kill of the non rookie lineman

Dave

Bericht door Dave » 01-01-2017 18:17

the redrafting rule is silly in our league .. some teams play 10 games a season, others 2. That will destroy a lot of fun for quite a few of us I suppose.

SirSebstar

Bericht door SirSebstar » 01-01-2017 18:36

i think the intent of adoptation in our league suggests that fixed leagues reset according to thedrafting rules as well as those teams that placed for the open playoffs.
in that case there should be more money to keep players in.
i believe as a league we want to follow GW as closely as possible, which is something i agree with. However i am very unhappy with the reason and testing that went into they made the ruleschanges (namely no reason and no testing, hence all the errata ect).

does anybody have the complete rules as pdf? I dont so far.

mepmuff

Bericht door mepmuff » 03-01-2017 19:40

Redrafting makes sense for fixed league. Last leaguenight it was suggested that for open league teams redrafiting could happen after each N games a team played.

Plaats reactie