RAMSTEL Cup 2017

SirSebstar

Bericht door SirSebstar » 09-11-2016 15:15

I think sylvain wants maximum flexibility to make sure everybody can play.
So it should not be a problem if everybody plays one game away from everybody else, even if its preferable to do it as a group.
Hemce a single date can prevent people from joining and thats not desirable..
At least thats how i read it.

A one day tournament is intersting, but how to make sure everybody can do that?

JaM

Bericht door JaM » 10-11-2016 08:21

'Team Arnhem': I have tried to reach some payers, no response. But who knows what the rerelease will bring :roll: ...

Anyway: Bart/Leverloos wants to play, and so do I, time permitting.
I do have an optional 3rd (Rein), but he, like me, has to really plan his weekends due to kids and wife/girlfriend.

Actually, I doubt there will be a Team Arnhem. Maybe a 'Team Once in a While' , T.O.W., is possible :lol: .

I'll be following this thread and will try to get some people together but 'I have a hard head in it' 8)

Cheers all!

Jan
Onderschrift:
Dit is een stukje tekst dat onder je berichten wordt gezet. Er is een limiet van 255 tekens.

Bjorgrim
Offline Dutch Champion

Bericht door Bjorgrim » 12-11-2016 00:00

@Seb: not totally correct: I strongly recommend the 3 games of a matchup to be played at the same time. But no need to play all the matchups at the same time. For completeness a "matchup" is a game between cities in my vocabulary.

@ JaM: you can try with a freebooter (Dick-Jan, Thierry somebody else most likely...). Concerning the weekend planning etc... we ask for only 3-4 hrs in 10 weeks soooo. In any case it's up to the captains to agree on a date based on all availabilities i.e. your team and the other teams.

Vinz_D

Bericht door Vinz_D » 13-11-2016 22:05

Well, playing the RAMSTEL Cup as a one-day tournament would be a personal preference. Obviously, you need to schedule a date in advance that isn't in the same weekend as another tournament, get a suitable venue sorted (which, as already said, is propably the biggest issue...), and then get teams to play. It's not like this has never been done before.

The worry I have with asking a commitment to play for a full year, aside from the regular league commitment, is that games aren't going to be played. (and yes, it is a massive pet peeve of mine when I do commit to playing on a regular base, with opponents not being able to do so...)
Especially when you already see the discussion on multiple reserves for teams being allowed. Not that I'm against that, but if we have trouble getting teams set for an entire year in the first place, then doesn't that say something about the idea as a whole?

JaM

Bericht door JaM » 13-11-2016 22:13

I've finally got word from Marco. He wants in! So that makes it all possible again.

For now, 'Team Arnhem' (we're still working on a better teamname) consists of:

- JaM
- Leverloos
- Snotty
- Shadowblade (Snotty's son)
- Snoep
Onderschrift:
Dit is een stukje tekst dat onder je berichten wordt gezet. Er is een limiet van 255 tekens.

Bjorgrim
Offline Dutch Champion

Bericht door Bjorgrim » 14-11-2016 13:22

Ahaha Jan,

You only need 3, but the more the merrier.

@VinzD: if the majority of people want a one day event, fine for me I probably one with the biggest amount of availability around here. However I will not run/organise such an event.
In this new format if in the end it does not work, at least we tried which is always better than not having any Ramstel Cup at the moment.

JaM

Bericht door JaM » 14-11-2016 16:06

Bjorgrim schreef:Ahaha Jan,

You only need 3, but the more the merrier.
At least we have some back-up :D
Onderschrift:

JaM

Bericht door JaM » 19-12-2016 09:02

Any news on this?
Onderschrift:

Bjorgrim
Offline Dutch Champion

Bericht door Bjorgrim » 19-12-2016 13:52

Indeed lots of news. So we have the following teams confirmed:

Leiden

Sylvain (C)
Sebastiaan
George

Utrecht

Dave (C)
Michel
Richard

Amsterdam

David (C)
El Condor
Ruward

Amersfoort

Jelmer (C)
Joort
Peter

Arnhem

Jan (C)
Bart
Snotty
Shadowblade
Snoep

The schedule has been drawn on 19-DEC by David and the schedule is as follows

DAY 1 - 08-MARCH-2017

Utrecht vs Amsterdam
Leiden vs Amersfoort
Arnhem: bye

DAY 2 - 21-MAY-2017

Utrecht vs Leiden
Amsterdam vs Arnhem
Amersfoort: bye

DAY 3 - 02-AUGUST-2017

Utrecht vs Arnhem
Amsterdam vs Amersfoort
Leiden:bye

DAY 4 - 15-OCTOBER-2017

Utrecht vs Amersfoort
Leiden vs Arnhem
Amsterdam: bye

DAY 5 - 31-DECEMBER-2017

Amsterdam vs Leiden
Amersfoort vs Arnhem
Utrecht: bye

So captains, you can start planning the games for DAY-1.

Bjorgrim
Offline Dutch Champion

Bericht door Bjorgrim » 20-12-2016 09:44

Updated with calendar.

Michel could you create a dedicated section to the RAMSTEL Cup in the forum for clarity ?

Thanks in advance !

Plaats reactie