RAMSTEL Cup 2017

Bjorgrim
Offline Dutch Champion

RAMSTEL Cup 2017

Bericht door Bjorgrim » 02-11-2016 13:36

Hi all,

I start a topic for the RAMSTEL Cup rules summary for everybody to be able to contribute and see openly the ideas. This inital post will be edited in order to get a summary of the rules.

Please let me know if that's OK for you. By the end of the month we will close the team registration and generate a schedule.

Current rules:

1- Participating teams so far: Leiden, Utrecht, Amersfoort, Amsterdam, Arnhem

2- For each team match, teams are composed of 3 players living in the actual city. One freebooter is allowed.

3- For each team match, a team must have three different rosters (i.e. no 3 times dwarves)

4- Roster build-up follows Eurobowl 2016 rules ( www.eurobowl.eu ). It is a resurrection type event so no need to pre/post match sequence. I recall here the rules in case the website closes/changes without notice:

Teams start with 1 100 000 GC

Tier 1 - 6 normal skills

Wood Elf, Undead, Lizardmen, Skaven, Dwarf, Chaos Dwarf, Orcs, Dark Elf, Norse, Amazon

Tier 2 - 6 normal skills, 1 double skill and 20K extra cash

Chaos, Chaos Pact, Human, Khemri, Slann, Necromantic, High Elf, Elf, Nurgle

Tier 3 - 6 normal skills, 1 double skill and 50K extra cash

Underworld, Halfling, Goblin, Ogre, Vampire

Inducements
Inducements are only available to tier 3 teams with the following restrictions. All tier 3 teams can buy 0-2 Star Players but must have at least 11 regular players before doing so. Goblins may buy 0-3 bribes and Halflings may buy 0-1 master chef.

5- Rankings is as follows:

team victory = 3 pts
team draw = 1 pt
team loss= 0 pt

To claim a victory a team must have more victories than the other. Tie-breaker do not count for deciding team victories.

Tie breaker on rankings based on overall net TDs and net CAS

6- All the team play each other once. That means that currently we have 4 extra games per person over the calendar year. Rankings is league based.

7- A schedule will be made available. Since there are 5 teams, the year will be split in 5, i.e. which represents 10 weeks to play the game. Ideally the 3 games of a match-up should be played at the same time, but the most important is to play the games. Team responsibles shall organize their own matchups within the allocated time frame (again 10 weeks)

8- Not in favour for an individual rankings so it is proposed to draw randomly the individual matchups the day of the team matchup. That simplifies the Amersfoort case of more than 3 players participating over the year.
Example: Amersfoort vs Leiden. The 6 players bring their rosters according to point 4 above and the rosters are agreed/validated by both team captains. Then both team captains randomly draw the individual matchups.

9- In case of non-respect of the deadline, and without valid justification, the two teams will be declared having lost. Vincent, who will not play is considered impartial to decide of a "valid"justification.

Rules not retained

- Individual rankings from David & Vincent. Reason is for easiness of organization and flexibility in team compositions. The level is quite even around here so I do not see a big advantage in making a simili Swiss pairing. If there is a strong will of individual ranking why not, but I would not use it for the pairing anyways.

- Grande finale from David. This is a league so the concept of Final is difficult. Besides odd number of teams prevent such an event.

SirSebstar

Bericht door SirSebstar » 03-11-2016 15:40

looks good

JaM

Bericht door JaM » 04-11-2016 09:33

So, just to be sure: you visit another city (or recieve a team from another city), play 1 match against a random opponent, have some beers (optional) and laughs (not optional) and that's it?

Games according to the rules from the EUbowl, sure.

Human throwers for 60k? :-) <-- seriously: current NOW NAF teams, or current... SOON GW-teams? stuff like that. I'm okay with either.

Because 1 game no problem, but being away a whole day (for 3 games) is more... problematic.

Anyone?
Onderschrift:
Dit is een stukje tekst dat onder je berichten wordt gezet. Er is een limiet van 255 tekens.

Bjorgrim
Offline Dutch Champion

Bericht door Bjorgrim » 04-11-2016 13:14

Over the full year you will need to do 4 games.

And it will most likely be 1 game at a time yes, but 3 beers each time.

Concerning new BB this will be taken into considerations for the Ramstel Cup 2018 I guess ;-)

So Jan please make sure to build up a team and send me the composition. One other thing is that players can change roster/race from round to round. I have no problems with that.

++

Bjorgrim
Offline Dutch Champion

Bericht door Bjorgrim » 04-11-2016 13:15

Another question about the Ramstel Cup: is there an existing trophy or we need to take care of that ?

SirSebstar

Bericht door SirSebstar » 04-11-2016 15:24

I think i may have kept a last cup....somewhere
maybe time for a new one?

JaM

Bericht door JaM » 08-11-2016 08:45

Hi,

I've posted a message on the old SKArnhem forum, no idea who will read that and has any interest.

Anyway: I havent heared from Marco and son, but I know Bart/Leverloos is willing to play :-). So am I, but those games need some planning (place to play, time to travel, etc.).

Still, there's time. a bit.
:?
Onderschrift:
Dit is een stukje tekst dat onder je berichten wordt gezet. Er is een limiet van 255 tekens.

Bjorgrim
Offline Dutch Champion

Bericht door Bjorgrim » 08-11-2016 11:43

Well 3 to 4 hrs (including travel) per 10 weeks should be reasonable.

For the place to play: I tend to have a strong preference to play in private places, but I realize that it might be a cultural difference.

Sure thing is that all Leiden games will have the opportunity to be played at my place and/or George if he's in. For other teams, it is the responsibility of the captain to find a place.

But for example, we can imagine the Korenbeurs on an evening during the week (except Tuesdays?) for all other games. It's up to you guys.

Vinz_D

Bericht door Vinz_D » 08-11-2016 16:04

If we go to one location for one day (again), why not organize this as a one-day tournament once more? Aside from the venue (and cost), I think anything we do need is obtainable...

Bjorgrim
Offline Dutch Champion

Bericht door Bjorgrim » 09-11-2016 13:51

What I meant is:

for example the game Amsterdam vs Arnhem. None of the team can host 3 blood bowl games in a private place. No suitable bars in any other cities for X or Y reasons.

Then this game could always be played on a weekday night in the Korenbeurs.

Now I am not against the one day event, but the drawback is clear in terms of attendance, organization and venue.

I really think that playing one IRL BB game per 10 weeks is largely achievable, being it during the week or during the week end.

Plaats reactie